We’ve put together our Top 5 reasons why we think children should play sport. We believe playing sports offers kids of all age’s countless benefits and assists in improving their physical, social and mental well-being.
- Sports boost self-esteem.Children learn to be confident on the field. Seeing their hard work pay off brings about loads of self-confidence. When kids achieve their goals on the field it teaches them they can achieve any other goal they set later on down the track.
- Playing sports help develop teamwork and leadership skills.Working toward a common goal helps children develop communication and problem-solving skills that will benefit them on the field and off.
- It’s a natural stress reliever.Exercise is a great way for kids to loosen up and let go. Sports also help kids develop relationships, which become a support system for them.
- Kids develop lifelong healthy lifestyle habits.Regular physical activity improves a child’s fitness and helps them to stay in shape.
- It’s fun!It gives your child a group to belong to. They have a group of friends that has the same goals and interests.
Please take note of the following important issues:
- In event of inclement weather, decisions by the headmaster related to the cancellation of practices will only be taken at 13:00 on practice days. Please do not phone the school before this time.
- Correct sports clothes must be worn for all practices. No baggy shorts will be allowed on the rugby field. Please wear proper rugby shorts. No lady tops/spaghetti straps tops for netball practice.
- Parents are to please be waiting for learners at least 30 minutes before time of arrival for away fixtures. Educators will only wait 15 minutes after arrival back to school.
- Participants must excuse themselves before FIRST break if they cannot attend a practice or match. (NOTE: NOT at the end of the school day).
- IF A LEARNER IS ILL OR UNABLE TO ATTEND A MATCH PARENTS ARE TO PLEASE NOTIFY THE EDUCATOR BY 10:00 SO THAT REPLACEMENT CAN BE FOUND.
- Once committed to an activity, learners are expected to attend all practices and matches. We do not allow learners to switch between sports codes eg. from hockey to netball half way into the season.
- Please communicate with the respective coaches if you encounter any problems or have any requests or suggestions.
Yours in sport
Eddie van der Merwe
DEPARTMENTAL HEAD: SPORT
ALL EXTRA MURAL ACTIVITIES
|U/7||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||13:15 – 14:15||Mr..M.Nkwanyana /Mr. E.Blanden de Chalain/
|U/8||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||13:15– 14:15||Mr M. van Niekerk /
Mr.N-J Chowles/ Mr. J. Schoeman.
|U/9||MONDAY /WEDNESDAY||14:15 – 15:15||Mr.E. Blanden de Chalain/
Mr.M. van Niekerk.
|U/10||MONDAY /WEDNESDAY||14:15 – 15:15||Mr.N-J Chowles /
|U/11||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||14:15 – 15:30||Mr.R. Wessels / Mr.M. Nkwanyana.|
|U/13B||TUESDAY / THURSDAY||14:15 – 15:30||Mr.J. Schoeman/ Mr. J-P Janse van Rensburg|
|U/13A||TUESDAY / THURSDAY||14:15 – 15:30||Mr. van der Merwe /
Mr. F. Swanepoel
|U/7||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||13:15 – 14:15||Mrs.D. Macdonald /
|U/8||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||13:30 – 14:15||Ms. S. Cronje /Mrs. L.Beukes
Mrs.A. Le Roux
|U/9||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||13:45 – 14:30||Ms. L. Janse van Rensburg Mrs. K. De Jager/ Mrs. M. Jonker|
|U/10||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||14:15 – 15:30||Ms.J. Grobler /
|U/11||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||14:15 – 15:30||Ms .A. Strydom /
Mrs.M. van Heerden
|U/13A||TUESDAY / THURSDAY||15:30 – 17:00||Mrs. Delport /
Mrs. van Rooyen
|U/13B||TUESDAY / THURSDAY
|15:30 – 17:00||Mrs. Delport /
Mrs. van Rooyen
|U/13 C||TUESDAY / THURSDAY||14:15 – 15:15||Mrs. Mbatha
|U/13 D||TUESDAY / THURSDAY||14:15 – 15:15||Mrs. Mbatha
|U/7 GIRLS||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||13:30– 14:30||Ms.A. Buitendach|
|U/7 BOYS||TUESDAY/THURSDAY||13:30 – 14:30||Ms.A.Bain/ M. van de Bergh|
|U/8 GIRLS||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||13:30 – 14:30||Mrs.M. Cillie|
|U/8 BOYS||TUESDAY/THURSDAY||13:30 – 14:30||Mrs. I van Zyl/ Ms. D. Forrester/Mrs. S.Patterson|
|U/9 GIRLS||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||13:30 – 14:30||Mrs.L. Wessels|
|U/9 BOYS||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||13:30 – 14:30||Mrs.R. de Meyer|
|U/10 GIRLS||TUESDAY / WEDNESDAY||14:15 – 15:30||Mrs.M. Janse van Vuuren|
|U/10 and U/11 BOYS||MONDAY/WEDNESDAY||14:15- 15:15||Ms. M. van der Bergh/D. Forrester/A. Pienaar|
|U/13A GIRLS||TUESDAY / THURSDAY||15:00 – 17:00||Mrs. Gray / Mrs.I. Linde|
|U/13B GIRLS||TUESDAY / THURSDAY||15:00 – 17:00||Mrs. Gray / Mrs. I. Linde|
|U/13C GIRLS||TUESDAY / THURSDAY||14:15 – 15:15||Mrs. L. De Jager.|
|U/13A BOYS||MONDAY/WEDNESDAY||15:00 -17:00||Ms.A. Pienaar/ M. van den Bergh|
|U/13B BOYS||MONDAY/WEDNESDAY||14:15 – 15:45||Ms. A. Pienaar/M. van den Bergh|
|TENNIS:||From Middle February|
|Seniors||MONDAY||14:30 – 15:30||Mr. and Mrs. Sharp|
|Intermediate||THURSDAY||14:30 – 15:30||Mr. and Mrs. Sharp|
|1st Team Squad||WEDNESDAY||16:00 – 17:00||Mrs.S. Charters / Mr.G. Sharp
|Juniors||TUESDAY||13:30 – 14:30||Mrs. Charters / Mrs.M. Cillie/Mrs. A. Buitendach|
|Advanced squad||MONDAY||16:00 -17:00||Mrs. S.Charters|
|Juniors||WEDNESDAY||14:00 – 14:45||Mrs. le Roux|
|Seniors||TUESDAY||14:00 – 15:00||Mrs. le Roux|
|14:00 – 15:30
14:00 – 15:15
|Mrs. K. De Jager/
Mrs. W. Meyer /
Ms.S. Cronje / Ms. Y. Haahoff
Mrs. N. Sharp
|SWIMMING||Starting on 22 Jan|
|Seniors||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY||14:15 – 15:00||Mrs.S.Kriek / Mrs. I. Myburgh/Mrs.Z. Mbatha/
Mrs L.Janse van Rensburg.
|Juniors||TUESDAY / THURSDAY||14:15 – 14:45||Mrs. M. Cillie|
|Amajuba Gala||MONDAY 22/01/18||@ Ferrum Swimming Pool|
Heats will take place during school time on Thursday 18 Jan and Friday 19 Jan Learners from grade 4-7 may come to school in their sports clothes. The Inter House Athletics Meeting will take place on Friday 26 Jan at Amajuba High School.