Come and enjoy the day with us at the SOAP BOX DERBY and take part in our “potjiekos” competition
RULES: Huttie”Pot”umus POTJIEKOS CHALLENGE – 17 August 2018
DATE AND TIME
It will be held at Huttenpark Primary School on 17 August 2018
- Stalls can be built from 13:00. Entry gate for 2 vehicles will be at the vehicle entrance gate by the Junior Gate
- All vehicles must be demarcated area.
- Judging of the raw ingredients will take place from 13:00
- Judging of Potjies will take place from 18:30 -19:00
- All stalls must be broken down and removed from premises at 21:00
- Specific area for the stalls will be given on the day of competition.
- The specific area that’s given must be accepted. It will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
- Areas for stalls will be 3.5 meter x 3.5 meter
- Banners and advertising boards may be displayed.
- A Team will consist of up to 5 members. One captain and 4 members. No additional help will be allowed.
- The following dishes may be prepared: Main Pot, Side Dish and Pot Bread.
- All teams are responsible for erecting their own stall, supply their own ingredients, cooking utilities, cutlery, wood or charcoal and also drum for fire or gas braai’s.
- Only one Pot is allowed for Main Dish.
- Meat may not be marinated or precooked before the time.
- A Bucket of sand or fire extinguisher must be in place in case of accidental fire.
- A panel of two independent judges will be judging the teams on the following categories: Main Pot, Pot Bread and Side Dish.
- Disregarding of rules and bad behaviour by team or team members may lead to disqualification.
- Judges decision is final.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ADMISSION
- Entry fee is R500-00 consisting of 5 members in a team. Entry Fee is payable at Huttenpark office or EFT.
- Banking Details:
- Branch: 164826
- Acc No: 1648094295
- Proof of Payment: LMGray@huttenpark.co.za or fax to 034 3153791
- Reference: Potjiekos and name
- No entry will be accepted without the entry fee. If Payment is made via EFT, please submit your Team’s entry form to LMGray@huttenpark.co.za
- Two vehicle permit will be given per team. It will be given to the Captains of the teams in a scheduled meeting with the Team Captains before commencement of competition. Date of meeting will be communicated to the Captains of the Teams.
- Banking Details: